• May 14, 2024, 04:18:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2023 Zero FX Z7.2 (app no worky??) UPDATE--NOW WORKY  (Read 1114 times)

misterfixit2k

• View Profile
2023 Zero FX Z7.2 (app no worky??) UPDATE--NOW WORKY
« on: September 15, 2022, 09:07:13 AM »

Just fell in love with my new 23 FX ... if only I could get the Zero app to give me some love back. Anyone else have difficulties with it?

Got it to work -- not sure how or why, just a matte of trial and error, I guess
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 09:44:37 PM by misterfixit2k »

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: 2023 Zero FX Z7.2 (app no worky??)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 09:55:23 AM »

Are you using the right app? There are two Zero apps: the traditional Zero app and the NextGen Zero app. You want the first one.

misterfixit2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 02:50:59 AM »

Thanks for the reply ... Yes, I'd tried them both, even got on the phone with an "expert" at ZERO, even he was confused as to what is happening (or not) ... maybe the new Cypher III will fix this problem. Not sure what else to do. It acts like it is hooked up (sometimes) but won't let me do anything ?? But good point, the NextGen app works for a different platform, so says ZERO rep.
I appreciate any and all feedback ... still trying different settings to see if I can  figure this out, but the documentation by ZERO is not very helpful to me.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 11:15:21 AM »

Your bike is on the Cypher II platform; it will never have Cypher III.

misterfixit2k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 09:28:59 PM »

According to my dealer (EuroCycleReno) I will have to bring the bike back to them so they can/will upgrade my it to Cypher III. Will let you know when/if that happens. I did read (from Zero) that some 22s and all 23s would be updated when the new platform release happens this fall.

misterfixit2k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 09:42:16 PM »

UPDATE: I was finally able to get the BlueTooth app to work well enought that I could put my custom ride information into the controller.
I limited the torque to 5% and the regen to 100% (both neutral and brake). Still plenty of torque for off road use (the reason I did it) and gives me more throttle control in tight spaces without spinning the rear with these compromised dual sport tires that came on the bike ... will update when knobby gets mounted -- still playing on the tarmac so will burn down the stock tires before true dirt tires are mounted.
Still loving this machine, and the silence during the ride off tarmac is exhilarating . To hear the tires crunching the rocks and gravel below has only been heard by my ears when going down hills with the ICE off, and even then the chain noise covered much of that.
It's much like the sound of riding a mountain bike -- WITHOUT pedals and the foot pegs positioned where they are the most effective for suspension control -- LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :)
I'll be 73 yrs old in a few weeks, and didn't expect to buy a new motorcycle this late in life, I'm paying today (ouch) for the fun I had yesterday, but it was SO much fun, I will down more Tylenol and go out again at first opportunity.

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: 2023 Zero FX Z7.2 (app no worky??) UPDATE--NOW WORKY
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 10:57:17 PM »

Glad to hear you got it working. But, to be clear, that bike will never be a part of the Cypher III platform. Your dealer is misinformed. Cypher III is dependent on hardware that does not exist on your bike.

EVFX

• Tweaker
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Zero FX Z7.2 (app no worky??) UPDATE--NOW WORKY
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 06:16:59 AM »

In case it helps anyone in the future.
I found what works for me is first get the bike into pairing mode, then on my phone make sure the WIFI, GPS and BT antennas are on before opening the app, then try to connect to the bike. I have about an 80% success rate, if it doesn't connect quick enough for me I just close out everything on the phone, turn on airplane mode, turn it back off and try everything again. Usually works by the 3rd attempt.

When I'm trying to connect while charging, without putting it in pairing mode manually, it's about a 50% success rate.
I'm not sure where the BT antenna is on the bike, but it isn't in a great spot, and seems very susceptible to interference and metal objects nearby.
2022 Zero FX
1983 Honda V45 Sabre
Pages: [1]