• June 05, 2024, 10:50:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: HyperSport on the Dyno  (Read 1083 times)

Meygs@Damon

• Your front row seat to all things Damon.
    • View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
HyperSport on the Dyno
« on: September 30, 2022, 10:30:56 PM »

Our content producer had a chance to head down to the Bay Area, where we are doing lots of testing at our R&D facilities. Here's a short clip of Kurt Risic, Director of Vehicle Integration & Testing, confirming firmware settings and prove out stability with throttle control at 7,500 rpm (less than half of what's possible). Full rpm is 18,000!

Kurt brings to Damon a breadth of experience from his time at Honda, Wrightspeed, Jabil, Enphase Energy, and much more - and he is one badass rider!

Check out the video on YouTube:

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: HyperSport on the Dyno
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 01:45:06 AM »

Sounds almost as loud as like 250 horses all running inside that one room.

Loud pipes save lives
Loud bikes fulfill lives

Oh and they pass other bikes too.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 06:28:18 AM »

What is to be expected to be the peak horsepower rpm?  These battery vehicles seem to make pretty much max torque up until max hp is reached and then hp stays constant (or close to constant) as rpm goes up and torque goes down.  Or am I basically incorrect?

I thought a normal dyno run starts at max rpm and then they load it to pull down the revs and create a graph.

Fran

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 05:02:35 AM »

Electric motors aren't like gas engines.  They make their highest torque at 0 RPMs and their highest speed at their max RPMs. 
You can feel it when you get to your bikes higher end it doesn't pull as hard as it does from say 30MPH to 60 MPH.
Gas engines have a power band and where they make their most power differs based on their setup.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 05:09:50 PM by NEW2elec »

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 02:58:27 PM »

Totally depends on the bike. My Energica happily wheelies when going 130kph and pulls like a donkey all the way up to 200kph. If the bike's motor maxes out at top speed you're right but if it is limited only on top end it goes until the software tells it to stop ;)

Meygs@Damon

• Your front row seat to all things Damon.
    • View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 12:40:14 AM »

Hi Fran K! That is correct! The motor makes constant torque (200Nm) to 7,300rpm and then makes constant power (200hp) until 18,000rpm. The dyno is a programmable load - we use it for far more than the traditional ICE bike peak power/torque runs.

What is to be expected to be the peak horsepower rpm?  These battery vehicles seem to make pretty much max torque up until max hp is reached and then hp stays constant (or close to constant) as rpm goes up and torque goes down.  Or am I basically incorrect?

I thought a normal dyno run starts at max rpm and then they load it to pull down the revs and create a graph.

Fran
Pages: [1]