• June 04, 2024, 01:04:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero sr/s 2020 37 error. CAN Communication Fault  (Read 456 times)

Dariust

• View Profile
Zero sr/s 2020 37 error. CAN Communication Fault
« on: February 05, 2024, 06:30:13 PM »

Hello everyone. On zero sr/s 2020 premium. It started throwing error 37. Charger Not Connected. CAN communication failure. Maybe someone has encountered this error? What could this mean ? Thanks in advance.

atomicdog

• View Profile
Re: Zero sr/s 2020 37 error. CAN Communication Fault
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 06:14:48 AM »

Have you double checked that the charger is still connected to the CAN bus and power cables?
23' SR/S

Dariust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 01:04:03 PM »

That error 37 should it be if the charger is connected badly? Is that error related to the chargers and their connection?
Because I have a premium model with two chargers. And charging works. But I still don't know for sure if one or both chargers are working. Thanks in advance.

atomicdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 05:53:52 AM »

Yes, the error is from the MBB not being able to communicate with the charger via the CAN bus.
So, the charger CAN bus cable might not be connected or the charger is damaged.
23' SR/S

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 05:38:10 AM »

Hi,
There is a cable just to the right of the storage compartment, under the cover, near the MBB. This is then connected to a Y connector, one end of Y to the front charger, the other to the rear. If one or both chargers can't be communicated with, that error will occur. IDK what other things can cause it, maybe some other things. Maybe not.

I modified my bike so that I could disable either charger by disconnecting that CAN  wiring with a switch for each in the storage compartment. So, each time I connect to charged after disabling one or the other chargers, I will see that fault appear.

You can read about that whole experience here if you want to, why I did it, and see pictures of my mods :
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=12430.0

If both of your chargers are working when you connect to a Chargepoint station, you should be able to pull the whole amount, 6kw or whatever. If only one is being used, you will see only 3k being pulled. Or, if only one is working and you use your supplied Webasto charger with 240, you will also see a lesser amount being pulled. I think 2kw? Whereas if both were being used you should see 3.6kw being pulled.

EDIT!!!! Hi thats not quite right, what I wrote. The Y connector is in line with one of the chargers, the rear one on my bike, and the extra conn on the Y is capped and left unused, unless , I assume, you get the "Charge Tank", in which case that extra lead would go to the third charger.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 09:22:43 AM by 2020_SRS_Commuter »
Pages: [1]