• May 15, 2024, 03:55:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes  (Read 10091 times)

stevewp

• View Profile
Re: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2015, 03:34:41 AM »

I think that's a really good stand-point. I've mostly been speaking to Alex at Streetbike but have had some dealings with Jason too. Both have been more than excellent. I have been signing their praises to everyone I've spoken to. I certainly wasn't criticising them for not nudging - just wondered if they might for you guys.

I'm looking forward to using the bike for a couple of days to see how I get on with it going to work. I'd just rather not do it whilst bits of tree are taking flying lessons.....

To all of you guys, good luck.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2015, 03:49:56 AM »

Thanks Steve. The SR is the bike I really want but I think I'll be happy with a DS. It's all I can afford really, so that's just the way it is.

Do please keep us updated with how you get on with your test rides. I love hearing about how people are getting on with their bikes, warts and all!

Any questions, just start a topic. You're in good hands with Streetbike and this forum. There's something about electric motorcycles that seems to attract decent people to this community.

Don't listen to me though, I'm just bonkers! [emoji6]

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2015, 06:24:14 AM »

Its not strictly true that all of the DSP's were ordered by people who were willing to purchase without the subsidy. I personally hadn't agreed figures for finance,and Streetbike were still due to come back to me with the PCP figures,at the point I had  asked about the subsidy.
Streetbike have been exceptional though,and have been true to their word,at a time that must be very frustrating to them.
I emailed Jason today,and asked if he would hold off registering mine till March,unless there was some other way round the situation,which he was happy to do.
I had asked if there was any movement on price to get them shifted,but they're already heavily discounted,and it sounds like de-policing them has eaten into their margin,more than expected,so understandable.
In his opinion,he's not expecting the discount to be £1500 on the DSP's  he thinks more like £1000 inline with VAT.
So that's  where I'm at,good luck my fellow DSPers

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »

Fair play TP, I stand corrected.

I keep forgetting about VAT. It would be great if they just knock the VAT off, or subsidise the equivalent.

It's good that Streetbike are replacing the panels to get rid of the redundant switches. I don't know if other dealers are doing the same.  It's an extra cost in parts and labour for them.

stevewp

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »

You see, I'd have wanted the extra switchgear to stay. Has proved very handy on my Police Pan  😉

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2015, 01:28:00 PM »

LOL. Aside from re-policing the bikes, I guess those switches could come in handy for running accessories. A disco ball perhaps? [emoji6]

Some anti-pedestrian measures would be handy on my commute. A fog horn, strobe light and tazer combination ought to get their attention...

stevewp

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »

We were chuckling at work about the idea of an iPod running into a pa horn, with different motorbike sounds on

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »

Which panels are getting replaced, I'd be interested in a new tank cover, but I'm sure shipping to Canada would negate any savings, I'd like to get the lower fairing from a 2014 as well
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »

I think it's the left hand side tank panel. If you look back at the photos in this topic you'll see the extra switches.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »

I'm aiming to pick my bike up a week tomorrow, Saturday 9th. The tank panels haven't arrived yet, so I might get to keep the extra switches.

stevewp

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

Extra switches are always good

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »

I'm loving the idea of an iPod running into a pa horn, with different motorbike sounds on,
 and some anti-pedestrian measures, fog horn, strobe light and tazer combination..........hilarious,you guys kill me.
Post some pictures when you get it mostlybonkers :-)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »

I'll be opening a bottle of bubbly when I get it mate! It's been a long time coming. I'll post some pics too. [emoji4]

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2016, 11:58:08 PM »

Well Saturday 9th is off as a pick-up date.  The documents have to be sent to the DVLA in the post and there's a ten day turnaround for that. Usually bikes can be registered on the computer system the same day but apparently you have to wait six months to be able to start using that.  I can't do the following weekend so I'm pencilling in 20th Jan and will have to take a day off work.  Having had to put the date back, it occurred to me that 20th Jan is less than six weeks from the beginning of March and (hopefully) some kind of subsidy.  Dammit!

stevewp

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2016, 12:53:25 AM »

Lol. That sucks. Hoping to have a 2016 DSR for this weekend as they've sold the previous demonstrator.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11