• May 14, 2024, 07:23:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Serious issues & unacceptable customer service - why some won't buy Zero again  (Read 7977 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile

- the option that you're stuck for month with a non working bike is something you must consider - go ahead only if you can afford it

I'm keeping a collector BMW C1 200CC ICE scooter just in case !!!
Laurent

Justin Andrews

• View Profile

Wait a minute, you claim Zero have shoddy service because they offered you a better, newer more expensive model bike to replace the one that has a terminal fault...?!

I can see why, given the license issue you might find that an difficult offer, but you must also accept that from Zero's perspective is a VERY generous offer indeed. A Judge might also consider that too.

I do sympathise with your situation, but given what you describe Zero have acted very properly and generously towards you. I'd imagine that if you dig into this, you'll find they simply don't have a 2012 XU to offer you, so instead offered you a better bike.

My suggestion, for what its worth (not much) is take your test, and when you give the bike to a family member, they can also take their test. A test which grants a license which is useful for the rest of their lives. You are not just gifting them a bike, but also the reason to get a license, a doubly useful gift.

Good grief man, accept Zeros offer. I would, in a heart beat!!!
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

nicktulloh

• View Profile

This guy is a real piece of work, or these guys.

mark

• View Profile

My Zero experience has been traumatic in the extreme.
The bike is a dud the service is non existent now the battery charger just errors out.

vchampain

• View Profile

Nicktulloh:

What I need is an offer that has some use ofr me. They proposed me a newer bike I can't use, give to a friend/familiy or resell. If someone sells you a faulty product, what you expect is not an offer THEY consider generous, but an offer that solve YOUR issue or a refund. This one does not, and by the way the newer model probably has LESS value than the older : because of the need for a licence (and the fact that XU serie is now stopped) nobody will buy it.

If you buy a horse that dies a few month after purchase for reasons known by the seller, and you are offered a unicorn you can't ride or sell would you consider this "great". Whatever the "sticker" price of the unicorb, it does not solve your issue. And the company selling you a faulty product's duty is to give you a similar product or a refund...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:02:11 PM by vchampain »

vchampain

• View Profile

Justin :

The license is much more than a test, and costs some time & money (it is the same you need to ride bigger ICE bikes). And the only use I could have for this bike (letting it at a familiy house where people can use it, most of them at an age where they could not get a new license) need a bike without license. I tried to resell the zero 2012 XU or tried a selling a 2013 XU i dont have - in 6 months i got not proposition using the most popular sites, even at very discounted prices (-50 to - 70 %).

So in theory zero's proposition was interesting, but unfortunately it does not solve my issue - accepting it would mean losing the 8000 € i put in the zero xu for someone nobody would buy, and nobody would use... And since i'm not responsible for the fact that the bike stopped in the middle of the traffic 10 months after purchase, I do not think I am the one that should bear a 8000 loss. Does it make sense for you ?

vchampain

• View Profile

Last thing

Here is a simple analysis anybody would follow:
   - what is the fault  - selling a defective product
   - who is faulty - for the costumer the dealer that sells faulty products (the latter should then sue Zero if needed, but is responsible for what he sells). But of course the root responsability is on Zero.
   - what is the fair treatment of the issue - refunding or providing a working solution (ie same licence in my case !)

Of course i've always been open for a discussion to find a fair solution for me that's less costly for zero (my intend is not to harm zero, but to have my issue solved, and i know zero is a small & new company). Unfortunately there is no such option on the table today...

I would add that we all want the company to succeed, user communauty to grow,... But, for this, Zero should also take care to solve customer's "nightmare" issues.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:19:07 PM by vchampain »

Justin Andrews

• View Profile

VChampion, years ago I was in the same position as you regarding a cheap 125cc motorbike (it was a clone of a Honda CB125)

To say the thing was a hanger queen was no exaggeration, it was frankly the worse bike I've owned, breaking down once a week on average.
The company who built it did not want to know, and the dealer could not fix it. Instead the dealership offered me a seriously seriously good deal on the somewhat newly released Kawasaki ER5.

Well interesting, because at the time I had been avoiding taking my test too and instead riding around on 125's. However the offer was so good I accepted, and took the ER5, and you know, passing my test was the most wonderful thing. Since then I've ridden (and wrecked in the case of the ER5) a range of wonderful bikes.

Take your test, get your family to take theirs. There is a whole world of wonderful bikes waiting for you.

Oh, and the 2013 Zeros, f**k me they are a blast to ride...
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

vchampain

• View Profile

I have the test, and already bought a ANOTHER zero - i'm using everyday, even if a glitch appeared recently - on the promise that the XU would be fixed quickly. It has not been.

So the repaired XU will either be for my friend (she had bad experiences with big bikes and does not want to take the test) or my mother (72 yrs, not accepted for the test). So even if Zero paid for the test (it is not cheap) it would not solve the issue.

And by the way solving a costumer issue on a seriously defective bike should not involve my mother, my friend or what I can change in my life so that it works. It should be about either refunding or fixing !

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:19:44 PM by vchampain »

BSDThw

• View Profile

I don't understand why your bike is not repaired - There is the Battery pack (BMS Contactor )  a MBB and the Sevcon +Throttle + Motor and wiring.
Actually my dealer has still a 2012 XU to sell AND there should be a bunch of spare parts - I can't believe it is so hard to fix.

Where is your bike at Zero Netherlands or US? Do you know that?

I am in Europe too and all I experienced the Netherlands have good skilled manpower!

The license is really expansive in Europe so the US folks will not understand your problem - You need ~1300€ + the driving lessons ~500-700€. To spending 2000€ is quite normal ???
Then you only have the small license (it is enough for all Zeros) but you need to spend more if you will get the full license later!
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Justin Andrews

• View Profile

Weird, here in the UK your either have to take the small (CBT) test every two years costing about £100 + bike hire a time, or take the full (DAS) test which is not that expensive (even the lessons only cost me about £500) all in all it pays for itself in about 10ish years time.

If it really is that expensive to take your test on the continent, that would explain all the small bikes that are so popular.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

BSDThw

• View Profile

My sister works for a driving school and I called her because my license is 28 years past. She started to ask me how old is the person... I stopped her because I want to know generally but things are so complex since some years even she can't answer it strait - but 1500-2000€ will be a must :'(
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

vchampain

• View Profile

Totally agree. Yes license is very expensive, takes time and moreover you pass it on "heavy" ICE bikes - 65+ users are usually refused. This is why the 2012 XU's market value is probably higher than the 2013 XU - nobody will buying a small bike needing a license with no passenger possibility. Probably something that Zero did not understand when making their proposition.

When buying a Zero I was expecting fixes (i had smaller issues that were managed quite ok), and even being asked for feedback so that they could improve the models. I really liked the idea of pushing an "eco" way for mobility (electricity in France is co2 poor). I was even ready to help Zero in my country make their way. Btw it is the NL service center that is involved, but I think also the fact that the 2012 XU is maybe not fixable.

But I did not expect being left 6 months with my issue, a non working solution (looking great on the paper, but unfortunately not workable), and nobody seeming to try to find a working one. And i'm not looking for any sort of revenge - really no time for this - but only a normal customer service (ie finding solution that solve costumer's problem, at customer's cost if he's faulty, and at zero's cost if fault is on their side).

And my friend, who was the one using the XU, found out that many other users had similar issues - including the one who I contacted here when considering buying an XU - fery positive at that time, but whose experience ended in a nightmare. After posting here she found many other cases, mentionned earlier here.

So, for other users that expressed their views here
    - I'm suprised by messages minimizing the issue, or explaining me that I should abandon the idea of a workable solution is ok - even if they come from Zero employees
    - I do not think the few messages critical to myself or trying to discredit the issue are the right way to manage the issue - fixit it or helping to fix it would be ! Btw thanks to the many positive personal messages offering solutions & testimonies
    - I'm happy that other users had better experiences on smaller issues, and it was the same for me. Unfortunately, nightmare issues exist - this is the issue here
    - I understand the users feeling a bit attacked by theses stories, but unfortunately it could have happened to them. And the attack is not on my side - I was patient (months with no news), trusted the company (bought a new bike before the other one was fixed), tried discussion with dealers and zero first. But unfortunately it does not work so far.

mark

• View Profile

I am a person who will never buy a zero again, and I tell all and sundry to avoid the products made by Zero. My experience with the MX has been traumatic in the extreme.

trikester

• View Profile

Wow! These postings are amazing to me. I own three Zero bikes and I've only had 3 or 4 minor problems which were quickly resolved. And I bitch about having to fight LA traffic to drive to West Hollywood, with the bikes in my truck (1 1/2 to 2 hrs to go 55 miles).

Maybe we just need to ship Harlan all over the world. ;D

Trikester
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6